BunnyRider

3 comments

Happy Sunday!!  


BunnyRiderCL


I hope you're all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed like I am, on this fine morning!!Smiley from millan.net (..um. not so much!)  but anyhoo, I do have something fun to share today, so it's all good!!


I'm actually reeeeeally excited about my card today!   I got some glorious un-interrupted stamp time yesterday and I decided to make use of it playing with some of my new TE goodies!  I am so in love with my Favorite Peeps stamp set, it's downright gorgeous!!   I have to admit the bunny in the set was just calling me to do something really fun (but easy!!) with it, and so I decided to give my little bunny a fancy new ride:


BunnyRiderSM


Could you just flip?? He's got a "carrotvette"!!! lol.. Okay I seriously have issuesSmiley from millan.net!!  still, is this not the funnest thing ever?? I just drew my bunny his little car and off he went!


So to make my card, I stamped my bunny, the flower, and the sentiment onto my image
panel an colored it in using Copic Markers.  I used some of my Kioshi patterned paper to add to my cardbase, and a
small ribbon piece to decorate it up a bit!  I also did some sponging around the image panel and mounted it onto a piece of this gorgeous Aqua cardstock.  I then traced the template I drew onto pumpkin cardstock and cut it out.  The edges are inked up with a mix of pumpkin and distress ink to give it some depth, but you can definitely skip that step - it looks just as cute without it!!  I cut a small tapered square and just made some long cuts all over it to make the fringe to finish off my carrot. The "tires" are 2 buttons threaded with some linen thread and adhered to
my card using glue
dots
. I then mounted my "car-rot" (*snort*) to my card using foam tape


The best part of this fun card is that my patterned paper, buttons, ribbon and cardstock are all included in the Easter Key Ingredients so everything matches perfectly! (and yes, that makes my Type-A personality very happy!!)


I went ahead and scanned my little "template" in case anyone wants to give it a shot!  I also included the ingredients and measurements for my card, this way you have it all in one spot! I have to say this was super easy, and I think it would be adorable as a baby card too, so I will have to give it a shot - unless someone wants to beat me to it??


You can get the PDF with the template & instructions here (please bear with me, it's not exactly high-tech, but hey, it worked for my card!! lol..):


Download BunnyRiderTemplate


I hope you like this little card - I really had so much fun making it, so I hope you give it a try!  


Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have a wonderful Sunday!!  


Bunny hugs!!


Alex

Stamp Sets: Favorite Peeps by Taylored Expressions.

Ingredients: Choice Snow White Cardstock, Striped Patterned Paper, Aqua and Mint Green Cardstock, Ribbon, and buttons ALL included in the Taylored Expressions Easter Key Ingredients.


Other CS used: Kraft for card base, and Pumpkin CS for carrot, Tiny Metal foil and Black scrap piece for “seat” and “steering”.

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Pumpkin Pie, Ranger Distress Ink in Walnut and Vintage Photo.

Accessories: Copic Markers, Linen Thread, Glue Dots, Foam Tape, Stardust Stickles.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet little Carrotvette for the Bunny.... Thanks so much for sharing this with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! this cracks me up! I love it - oh and DH gave you the thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is by far the best carrotvette I've ever seen ~ LOL! Seriously brilliant Alex...great card!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments! Happy Scrapping! :)

Powered by Blogger.