baby teddy!

14 comments

I hope you all enjoyed a happy labor day!!



I told myself this weekend that I would have all the time in the world to complete 13 different projects for the Taylored Expressions Birthday Bash!  Of course, that thought kept me on cloud nine until I realized....


Smiley from millan.net


SO, once I got over my initial shock and came back to earth (and the HUGE pile of laundry), I decided to just try my best to combine a few of the challenges into ONE project so I could feel totally accomplished!!  I have to say I managed to impress even myself, considering I have a hard time walking and chewing gum at the same time! Behold the fruit of my labors this afternoon:



I got like 10 challenges in right here!! (Just kidding!!) 


This little guy is made using all cardstock from my July Key Ingredients kit, (actualy I think the green cardbase is from the March Kit also, but the rest is all July!  I LOOVE these colors - definitely perfect for a baby card!! 


The colors of this card are from Challenge#4 chosen by Charmaine, and the techniques I used were paper-piecing on the teddy bear, which was Challenge#3 from Donna.  I stitched around all of the different layers, which was challenge #13 from Jackie, and I also did #7, Dawn's "Paper Tole" on the Teddy.:



There are 3 layers on him total! That was tons of work, but it's such a great look!  Since I did the paper-piecing on him, I added little "stitch" lines all around him with my trusty Martha Stewart pen to make him look like those old-fashioned teddies, and I am just loving him to bits!!


Finally, this card was done using the sketch provided by Laura, who hosted challenge #6. 


WHEW!! that was SOO much fun!  FIVE challenges in one!!!



I still can't get over  it!! I tell ya, it's the little things that make us happy!!  All of these ladies had wonderful challenges and their samples are just so inspiring!  I will definitely be pairing up challenges from now on!


Thanks for popping in for a visit!  I hope to get a couple of more challenges in before the deadline!


Hugs!



Supplies:


Stamps: Beary Special, and Branching Out Coordinates from Taylored Expressions.


Ink: Tuxedo Memento Black Ink.


Cardstock & Patterned Paper: Colored Cardstock and Patterned Paper from Taylored Expressions’ July Key Ingredients.  Choice White CS from Taylored Expressions.


Accessories: Stampin’ Dimensionals, Martha Stewart Journaling Pen, Corduroy Button and White Ribbon from Stampin' Up!, Numbers Cuttlebug Embossing Folder.

14 comments:

  1. Adorable card, I love how you took the picture, the bear up front and the words in the back. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is DEEEEEEE-lightful girlie! LOVE the papers you used to piece the teddy, and I LOVE the stitch lines you added! SUPER fabu!! Hey...I don't see a card for my challenge!! grrrrrr...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well blow me down, Alex! This is the CUTEST paper-pieced bear I have ever seen! I love how half his face is even paper-pieced! I ADORE this card! I love the little clouds around him too. Way to go with the multiple challenges too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Alex, this is just fabulous! I LOVE your paper piecing! ADORABLE! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG...how sweet is this? Love your paper piecing...that bear is absolutely adorable. The embossed background and wonderful colours make this just fabulous! So glad you could play along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is adorable! And what a great idea! It looks like it was store bought!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THis is fantastic!!! I absolutely LOVE those colors and the paper piecing is fantastic!!! COngrats on being the challenge winner!!! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on your win! you rocked mixing the different challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This bear is THEEEEEEE CUTEST! I just ADORE the way you paper pieced it...AWESOME!! Congrats on the win...totally deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww this is just darling!!! love that DP! congrats on your challenge win!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i collect teddybears (have for 53 years) and there is not one that comes close to the beauty and cute-ness of this bear. you are brilliant. i have fallen in love with him! can you make him come alive now? this card is one i could walk right into and live inside very happily. congrats on bringing this baby to life! xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable cute lil' teddy! Great job with all the faux stitchin' :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just LOVE your card! Great paper piecing and layering. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great blog. Do you know of any relevant forums or discussion groups?

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments! Happy Scrapping! :)

Powered by Blogger.