Snail Mail Greetings!

4 comments

Hello sunshiny friends!!  The weather in my neck of the woods is improving and I am feeling bright and happy today!


I have been having so much fun playing with my Garden Party Critters stamp set, and I found the coolest way to make a card that can hold a gift card too! Smiley from millan.net  sheer genius, I tell ya!! Take a peek:


SnailMailGiftPocketCL


Isn't it cute??  and I know you're probably thinking "Um, okay Alex
what's the big deal??" but the fun part about this is that I made this gift card holder using
one of these
cuties
:




Apron die
Yeah, seriously!!  When you purchase these Apron Invitations they arrive completely flat so all you have to do is make a score line in the middle of the apron so that it looks like a little envelope and then you can trim the top flap a bit and embellish as desired!!  Super easy and so cute!!


Here's a look at my gift card all closed up:



SnailMailGiftCard
I used a set of magnetic snaps attached with glue dots to keep it closed, and it works like a charm! Here's a look at the back of it while it's being opened.



SnailMailGiftCardBack

and taa-daa! Here's our gift card all opened up:



SnailMailGiftCardOpen
Isn't it stinkin' cute??  I used the sun stamp from my Garden Party Blooms set, and all of the cardstock and patterned papers are from the Garden Party Project Pantry Kit.  If you notice the cute scalloped border on my holder, you can see it's from the cardstock sticker sheet included in the kit!  I had a little strip left over from the layout I made the other day and used it right up!! As far as the paper goes, I still cannot get enough of these patterns - aren't they fun??


I am thinking this is going to make a great gift card "card" for teachers, or class helpers now that the school year is coming to a close, simply because there's plenty of room for you to write a nice note and still be able to enclose a gift card (or some cold, hard cash!), not to mention it's a super-quick project and you can easily whip one up in minutes!  I love that the aprons are available in so many colors, and they really look adorable dressed up like this, don't you think??


Well I hope you liked my project for today!!  I hope you'll give these a try - not to get ahead of myself but wouldn't these be perfect for the Holidays??  It's never too early right??


Have a wonderful day, and thanks so much for stopping by!


Smooches!!


Alex


Ingredients:

Stamp
Sets:
Garden Party Blooms, and Garden Party Critters
by Ta
ylored
Expressions
.

Paper:
Choice Buttercream Cardstock, all Patterned Paper
and Cardstock from the Garden Party Project Pantry kit.

Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black, Brown Paper Bag and Sunflower Ink from CTMH.  Ranger Distress Ink in Vintage
Photo, Bermuda Bay from Stampin' Up!

Accessories:  Glue Dots, Foam Squares, Cardstock Stickers included in the Garden Party Project Pantry Kit, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Big Scallop Nestabilities Die, White Gel Pen.


4 comments:

  1. SUPER cute gf! LOVE every bit of this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too! I really love this one! The colors are so pretty and the layout is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute!!! Can you tell me what color you used for the apron invite? It looks like kraft from the pix but I don't see it listed as a color option through the TE store. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is SO cute - I love the new way you used the apron die! you're so clever, girl!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments! Happy Scrapping! :)

Powered by Blogger.