Happy Hoot!

Leave a Comment

It's finally Friday!!! YAY!!



Hope you've had a good week!  Mine has been so busy as I'm undertaking the HUGE task of reorganizing and painting my bedroom which is in absolute shambles!!! 


I'm anxiously waiting the arrival of my new tree and verse from the Decor Elements line, which I plan on putting up myself! (not an easy task considering the tree is  probably taller than me..lol..)!


Anyhoo, today we're going SUO!! (Stampin' Up! Only) Haven't done that in ages it seems!!  But, as you can see, I'm still playing around with all the new InColors!, they're so bright and yummy! 



Of course, leave it to me to get carried away with my distressing - I am not sure I could use all of these colors without darkening them up a bit!  I made this card for a swap on SCS, which I hadn't done in ages, it was definitely a lot of fun! I hope the girls in my group like my card!
 
LOVE the new
modern label punch - is that not the coolest ever?? I paired it up with the word window punch and it was a perfect fit! (love when that happens!!)


All of the layers are distresed using each layer's matching ink plus soft suede.  I really liked doing that as opposed to just grabbing my trusty ranger distress ink, mostly because it was suppoed to be SUO, so that would be cheating   , but it also gave each layer a bit of a "richer" tone to it. of course - you had to see my fingers after i finished making 11 of these! grossness. (but oh, so worth it!!)


Now, I could NOT make this card and not use an owl!! OMG - is he stinkin' adorable or what?? This little guy is from the new Animal Stories stamp set.  He is stamped and layered on using dimensionals.  I am so going to be using him a lot!!


Well I'm off to wrestle with my dustbunnies! I hope you have a Happy Friday all!!


Thanks for stopping by!!





 
Supplies:



Stamp Sets: Animal Stories, Kind & Caring Thoughts, Nursery Necessities (sentiment), Circle Circus.
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Kraft, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry, BermudaBay, Whisper White.
DSP: Razzleberry Lemonade
Ink: Soft Suede, Melon Mambo, Dusty Durango, BermudaBay.
Accessories: Bermuda Bay Polka Dot Ribbon, White Gel Pen, Clear Rhinestone Brads, Scallop Punch, Boho Blossoms, 1 3/8” Circle Punch, Modern Label Punch, and Word Window Punch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments! Happy Scrapping! :)

Powered by Blogger.