" Mod " Monday

1 comment

So what's cookin'  this fine mornin'??


Kisscookcl


I am so excited to embark on my scrapping project for this week, but before I get ready to start clicking, I took some time to play with my brand spankin' new "Kiss the Cook" stamp set from Hanna Stamps.  I cannot cook to save my life but I can definitely try to make a mean card! :)


(I'm totally kidding about my culinary skills, btw.) Well, sort of..actually I have this thing where anything I actually want to cook has to be this whole elaborate affair - I will happily stand there and use every dish, every ingredient and 7 hours later voila!.. but whatever you do, don't ask me to make meatloaf because I will promptly give you this: Nobrain2 .. 'nuff said! Anyway, I'm trying to work on that, so I purchased Katie Joel's "The Comfort Table" cookbook and so far, I got some happy tummies at home!  (Actually, that reminds me, I've heard people rave about some cooking catalog called tastefully simple or something like that - If anyone knows a consultant, point them my way please!)


oops.. okay, back to stamping!!  I think Hanna looks very Retro in her cute little apron, so I went with that whole look for this card.  SO much fun!  The PP is from the now retired (sniff) SU! Ginger Blossoms DSP.  I paper-pieced her apron and colored her using my beloved Copics, and yes, she is in fact rocking blue eyeshadow!!  heaven :) 


Kisscook


I'm not sure what possessed me to use these colors and if anyone feels it's a hideous combination, let me know - for some reason, I thought they totally worked in a funky 50's sort of way, but maybe I'm just tacky that way :) lol..


I used my "Autumn Type" cuttlebug embossing folder on the chocolate background, and I know you can't really see it in the picture, but I added some Pearl-Ex powder onto the embossed lettering and it looks delish I tell ya!


Makes me wanna cook...almost.  Just for the smooches alone!


Hope you have a yummy Monday!  Thanks for checking in!


Signature_2


Supplies Used: Copic Ciao Markers, Stampin' Up! Ginger Blossoms Patterned Paper, Cardstock in Very Vanilla, Groovy Guava, Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand, YoYo Yellow.  Prima Flower, MM Green Bling Brad (removed the hardware, kept only the stone), Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Stampin' Up! Bashful Blue 1" Double Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, 1" & 1 1/4" Circle Punches.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through Two Peas in a Bucket, and this card is adorable! I love the colors and I think they work great together!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments! Happy Scrapping! :)

Powered by Blogger.