Jungle Party!!

4 comments

and here is your host....


Junglekingclose

Can you stand it?? Just TRY to resist!!! Is this not THE cutest little monkey you've ever seen?? 


It's official!! this is my very first ClearDollarStamps creation since joining the fabulous Design Team!!


I could not believe it when I got my mail today!! I placed an order on Thursday and I had my gorgeous stamps in my grubby little hands this afternoon!! Isn't that amazing?? (I have no patience when it comes to waiting for my goodies, so this was a huge huge plus!!) 


I was just SO excited to do something really fun for my first project - and I HAD to use the Monkey Madness set..Can you blame me? He is just divine!!


Anyway, I finally decided to make a diorama card!  Although I've done shadow box cards before, I hadn't tried making this particular type, and I have to say it was really very easy! 


The tutorial for making this card can be found HERE.
You all must make one!! I made the openings in my card different from those shown in the tutorial, so I am sure you can adjust it to make any type of window to suit your card!  As for me, I needed to give my little monkey a very cool tropical paradise in which to lounge..


Jungleking_2


Is this SUPER fun or what?? (My signature Elle Woods phrase!)


Here's a side view of the card:


Junglekingside


I spent a long time cutting leaves, coconuts and banana bunches, but it was SO worth it!! 


As for the stamps, RUN!! you must grab one of these sets (and I'm totally NOT just saying that!!)  I loved the fact that this set comes with a TON of images, sentiments and lots of fun little accents for making scenes and anything you could possibly ever need!!  The quality of the stamps is truly superior (I got all perfect impressions and I embossed everything and lost none of the fine details!)  I am so excited to have the opportunity to work with these stamps, they are just yummy!


SO, since I made a teeny dent in my mile-long list - I will have quite a few little goodies to show off over the next few days!!


Thanks for checking in and here's to a swingin' good day!!


Signature


Supplies Used: Monkey Madness Stamp Set by CDStamps, Copic Ciao Markers, Stampin' Up! Cardstock in Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Creamy Caramel, and Whisper White. Large Circle and Scalloped-Circle Nestabilities, Woodgrain Background Stamp, & Small Oval Stampin' Up! Punch.  Ranger Distress Ink Pads in Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo. Stampin' Dimensionals.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that is totally fabulous!! Love the diorama card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda Anderson (studbo)September 29, 2008 at 3:00 PM

    What a fantastic card Alex!!!! Super cute! I'll have to try a diorama card now, thanks for the inspiration!
    Linda (studbo)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is TOTALLY adorable! I can't believe how much work went into that diorama card, but everything about it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way too cute....I love love love it!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments! Happy Scrapping! :)

Powered by Blogger.